Trevecca's Master of Arts in Teaching is a non-traditional program designed to accommodate working adults who wish to gain teacher licensure. Two tracks are available, one for licensure in K-6 and one for grades 7-12. Earn your Tennessee teacher certification quickly and affordably at a local university that has a rich heritage of preparing women and men for a vocation of service through education!
- Submit the application with a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit two official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (undergraduate and graduate work). These transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to our office.
- Submit evidence of passing scores from one of the following exams:
- PRAXIS Exam (required for MAT 7-12 Program)
- 378 on the Miller Analogy Test
- 800 on the Graduate Record Exam (verbal and quantitative combined)
- International Students must submit TOEFL scores in addition to one of the above:
- 550 paper version
- 213 computer version
- Schedule an admissions interview where you will complete a writing sample
- Complete a background check prior to the first class