Trevecca's Master of Education in English Learners is a program designed to provide current teachers with English Learning licensure or an endorsement. While the program is available to anyone with a bachelor's degree, for those with a prior Master's in Education, the endorsement can be gained with only four additional courses! The EL master's program will enable teachers to develop expertise in language acquisition, appropriate instructional models, curriculum design, culture, assessment, technology, and linguistics. In our increasingly diverse classrooms EL skills are highly prized. Move forward in your career and help your students with an advanced degree from Trevecca's School of Education.
For individuals who do not hold a current license and who wish to become English Learners teachers, the Master of Arts in Teaching K-6 with ELL Endorsement is the applicable program.
- Submit the application.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit two official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (undergraduate and graduate work). These transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to our office.
- Submit evidence of passing scores from one of the following exams:
- 378 on the Miller Analogy Test
- 290 on the Graduate Record Exam (verbal and quantitative combined)
- International Students must submit TOEFL scores in addition to one of the above:
- 550 paper version
- 213 computer version
- Schedule an admissions interview where you will complete a writing sample